Posted Under: Parasitology Societies,Associations and Federation
The European Federation of Parasitologists was founded on November, 14, 1966 in Jablonna, Poland. The initiator of the European Federation was Pr Witold Stefanski, well-known Polish parasitologist and director of the Institute of Parasitology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw.
The first European Multicolloquium of Parasitology was organised by Pr Jean Marie Doby in Rennes, France (1-4 September 1971).
*EMOP2(II) Trogyr, Yugoslavia, 1-6 September 1975
*EMOP3(IIV) Cambridge, UK, 7-13 September 1980
* EMOP4(IV) Izmir, Turkey, 14-19 October 1984
* EMOP5(V) Budapest, Hungary, 4-9 September 1988
* EMOP6(VI) The Hague, The Netherlands, 7-11 September 1992
* EMOP7(VII) Parma, Italy, 2-6 September 1996
* EMOP8(IIX) Poznan, Poland, 10-14 September 2000
*EMOP 9(IX) Valencia, Spain, 18-23 July 2004
* EMOP 10(X) Paris, France, 24-28 August 2008
*EMOP11(XI) Bucarest,Romania, 2012