Date of Birth:
Research Experiences and Skills:
· In vitro, Cell culture, tissue preparation, histopathological, pharmacological, immunoflourescence, colorimetric and protein analysis assays, RNA & DNA extraction, RNA-transcription, PCR, RT-PCR, RFLP, sequencing, ELISA, flow cytometry, Western blotting etc.
· In vivo, (UK home office license holder for animal working); handling, injection, surgery and measurement of physiological factors.
· Computing & Statistic, Office software, Molecular biology (Proteomics, Genomics), Bioinformatics tools, Statistics Software (SPSS, Graph Pad Prism, …), Photoshop, MGI Photo Suit, Animation Software, Internet-searching, Web-design, HTML etc.
Publications Journals(Full text in English):
1. Nahrevanian H, Amini M: Nitric oxide functions; an emphasis on its diversity in infectious diseases. Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, 2009; 11(4): 197-204.
2. Esfandiari B, Fayaz A, Nahrevanian H, Hashemi SA, Simani S, Behzadi R, Amini M,
3. Amini M, Nahrevanian H, Farahmand M, Khatami S, Mirkhani F, Javadian S: Immuno-biochemical variation in susceptible BALB/c and resistant C57BL/6 mice infected with Iranian strain of cutaneous leishmaniasis; Leishmania major MRHO/IR/75/ER. Internet Journal of Infectious Diseases, 2009; 7(1): 1-4.
4. Rustaiyan A, Nahrevanian H, Kazemi M: A New Antimalarial Agent; Effect of Extracts of Artemisia diffusa against Plasmodium berghei. Pharmacognosy Magazine, 2009; 4(17): 1-7.
5. Amini M, Nahrevanian H, Khatami S, Farahmand M, Javadian S, Mirkhani F: Biochemical association between the essential trace elements and susceptibility or resistance to Leishmania major in BALB/c and C57BL/6 mice. Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, 2008; 12(5): Accepted.
6. Amini M, Nahrevanian H, Farahmand M: Pathogenicity variations of susceptibility and resistance to Leishmania major MRHO/IR/75/ER strain in BALB/c and C57BL/6 mice. Iranian Journal of Parasitology, 2008; 3(4): 51-59.
7. Farahmand M, Assmar M, Nahrevanian H, Farzanehnejad Z, PiazaK N: Cutaneous leishmaniasis in patients referred to the Pasteur Institute of Iran during 2003-2006. Internet Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 2008; 3(2): 1-7.
8. Esfandiari B, Youssefi MR, Nahrevanian H, Keighobadi M, Aghvami Amoli Sh, Ziapour P: Incidence of Pediculosis in patients referring to Shemiranat Health Center, Tehran during 2002 to 2006. Internet Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 2008; 3(1): 1-6.
9. Nahrevanian H, Gholizadeh J, Farahmand M, Assmar M: Patterns of co-association of C-reactive protein and nitric oxide in malaria in endemic areas of Iran. Memórias Do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, 2008; 103(1): 39-44.
10. Nahrevanian H, Assmar M: Cryptosporidiosis in various immunocompromised patients in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Journal of Microbiology Immunology & Infection, 2008; 41(1): 74-77.
11. Farahmand M, Nahrevanian H, Assmar M, Mohebali M, Zarei Z: Expression of A2 proteins in amastigotes of Leishmania infantum produced from canine isolates collected in the district of Meshkinshahr, in north–western Iran. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, 2008; 102(1): 81-84.
12. Esfandiari B, Youssefi MR, Keighobadi M, Nahrevanian H: In vivo evaluation of anti-parasitic effects of Artemisia absinthium extracts on Syphacia parasite. Internet Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 2007; 2(2): 1-5.
13. Hashemi SA, Esfandiari B, Fayaz A, Nahrevanian H, Behzadi R, Kavoosian S, Ziapour SP, Ghobadi-rad S, Maghsoudi F: Investigation on animal and human rabies in cases from Mazandaran and Golestan provinces referred to the Amol Research Center, Northern Iran in 2003–2005. Internet Journal of Microbiology. 2007; 4(1): 1-4.
14. Nahrevanian H, Farahmand M, Aghighi Z, Assmar M, Amirkhani A: Pharmacological evaluation of anti-leishmanial activity by in vivo nitric oxide modulation in Balb/c mice infected with Leishmania major MRHO/IR/75/ER; An Iranian strain of cutaneous leishmaniasis. Experimental Parasitology, 2007; 116(3): 233-240.
15. Nahrevanian H, Assmar M, Ghorbani Samin M: Cryptosporidiosis among immunocompetent patients with gastroenteritis in Tehran, I. R. Iran; A comparison with other enteropathogenic parasites. Journal of Microbiology Immunology & Infection, 2007; 40(2): 154-156.
16. Nahrevanian H: Immune effector mechanisms of nitric oxide pathway in malaria: Cytotoxicity versus cytoprotection. Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, 2006; 10(4): 283-292.
17. Nahrevanian H, Assmar M: A case report of Cryptosporidiosis and Isosporiasis in AIDS patients in Iran, The Journal of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, 2006; 29(1): 33-36.
18. Nahrevanian H, Gholizadeh J, Farahmand M, Assmar M, Sharifi K, Ayatollahi Mousavi SA, Abolhassani M: Nitric oxide induction as a novel immunoepidemiological target in malaria-infected patients from endemic areas of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation, 2006; 66(3): 201-210.
19. Nahrevanian H, Dascombe MJ: Simultaneous increases in immune competent cells and nitric oxide in the spleen during Plasmodium berghei infection in mice. Journal of Microbiology Immunology & Infection, 2006; 39(1): 11-17.
20. Nahrevanian H, Gholizadeh SJ, Farahmand M, Aghighi Z, Assmar M, Abolhassani M: Reactive nitrogen intermediate production and tolerance variability in different mouse strains after in vivo treatment with lipopolysaccharide from Salmonella abortus equi. Journal of Microbiology Immunology & Infection, 2005; 38(3): 164-168.
21. Nahrevanian H: Nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen intermediates are released by immune response during malaria infection. Journal of the Communicable Diseases, 2004; 3(3): 23-26.
22. Assmar M, Terhovanessian A, Nahrevanian H, Yassaei F, Esmaeili AR: Molecular detection of congenital toxoplasmosis by nested- PCR in Iran. Journal of the Communicable Diseases, 2004; 3(3): 27-29.
23. Nahrevanian H: The penetration of Plasmodium into red blood cell is a protective mechanism of malaria parasite against high levels of accumulated nitric oxide in blood circulation. Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 2004; 28(2): 83-89.
24. Assmar M, Yassaei F, Terhovanessian A, Esmaeili AR, Nahrevanian H, Hassan N, Farzaneh Nezhad Z, Naddaf SR: Prenatal diagnosis of congenital Toxoplasmosis: validity of PCR using amniotic fluid against indirect flouroscent antibody assay in mothers. Iranian Journal Public Health, 2004; 33(1): 1-4.
25. Nahrevanian H: Nitric oxide involvement during malaria infection; Immunological concepts, mechanisms and complexities; A novel review. The Journal of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, 2004; 27(2): 93-101.
26. Nahrevanian H: Direct monitoring of in situ and in vitro nitric oxide release in the brain during malaria infection with Plasmodium berghei N/13/1A, The Journal of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, 2004; 27(1): 1-6.
27. Assmar M, Terhovanessian A, Jahani MR, Nahrevanian H, Amirkhani A, Piazak N, Esmaeili AR, Farahmand M, Zare M: Molecular Epidemiology of Malaria Disease in Endemic Areas of Iran. Southeast Asian Journal Tropical Medicine & Public Health, 2003; 34(S2): 15-19.
28. Nahrevanian H, Dascombe MJ: The role of nitric oxide and its up/downstream molecules in malaria: cytotoxic or preventive? Southeast Asian Journal Tropical Medicine & Public Health, 2003; 34(S2): 44-50.
29. Nahrevanian H, Dascombe MJ: Reactive nitrogen intermediate (RNI) levels inside and outside Plasmodium infected red blood cells in murine malaria, The Journal of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, 2003; 26(1): 13-19.
30. Dascombe MJ, Nahrevanian H: Pharmacological assessment of the role of nitric oxide in mice infected with lethal and nonlethal species of malaria, Parasite Immunology, 2003; 25(3): 149-159.
31. Nahrevanian H, Dascombe MJ: Expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) mRNA in target organs of lethal and non-lethal strains of murine malaria, Parasite Immunology, 2002; 24(9-10): 471-8.
32. Nahrevanian H, Dascombe MJ: Nitric oxide and reactive nitrogen intermediates during lethal and non-lethal strains of murine malaria, Parasite Immunology, 2001; 23: 491-501.
33. Assmar M, Milaninia A, Amirkhani A, Yadegari D, Forghanparast K, Nahrevanian H, Piazak N, Esmaeli AR, Hovanesian A, Valadkhani Z: Sero-epidemiological investigation of Fascioliasis in northern Iran, Medical Journal of IR Iran, 1991; 5(1,2): 23-27.